Saturday, April 12, 2008

Enjoy your child's childhood

So, I am starting this Blog because there are so many things to get caught up with in life, and our kiddos just need us to slow down and play with them. The goal of this blog is to give mommies ideas about how to play with their kids and teach them, while still getting stuff done around the house and getting errands run. I will also throw in tid-bits of parenting ideas and points of view, because, it's not gettin' any easier as they get older. Take what you like and leave what you don't. Let me know what you want and I will try to get it. I hope this is helpful. Don't hesitate to share ideas because we are all going through this together. My first piece of advice.....READ the heck out of your kids. I will compile a list of some of the best....add your faves too and we can make a "must haves" list of about 20 books. My first addition to the list is all of the Laura Numeroff, "If you Give a....." books. My baby already adores them.

3 comments:

Peach said...

Cute blog name! Great quote! I'm sure tons of people will love this blog, especially because people usually pay to know this stuff. ;)

Holly said...

Oh my gosh- this is what I have to remind myself of EVERYDAY!!! I'm running around trying to get a million things done but when Whitney wakes up- it's Whitney and Mommy time only. It's so hard! I think this blog was inspired, Dana! It's probably just for me! Funny how this reminder should come right when I'm called to be RS President. (And as a side note- all I do is remember the fun we had in Stamford in the RS Presidency!)

Holly said...

We like If You Give A Mouse A Cookie too! We need to get the rest of them! We also love anything by Sandra Boyington. And Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is cute too, for letter recognition.